Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Because I said I would

I have been following a blog for quite some time now and finally decided to delurk. I spent all morning composing an email to the blogger in my mind, and I couldn't come up with something equal to her wit. But to prove to Ryan (I promised him I would introduce myself to the blogger) that I actually did delurk, here is the email I sent:

Dear Emily,

(insert awkard introduction)


Whew! Glad that's over.

I was struck by a thought this morning while vacuuming up the THIRD bowl of (dry) spilled Cheerios. I can no longer lurk notthatyouasked. For one, lurking is a horrible word and something I do not wish to say I do, and for two, it's not fair that you do all the work and I get to enjoy your humor from afar without offering even a name in return.

It's Kathryn, by the way.

I have followed your blog since the dismal days of a colicky baby (who is now, AHEM, three. . . and my apologies for being fine with lurking for three whole years) and have even followed your advice to read shelikespurple (thanks for that).

Annnnyway, reading your blog without declaring so to you started creeping me out all of a sudden, and in a bold statement to my husband, I declared that I would internet meet you This Month. That was April, and May is quickly coming to a close, and I am so ashamed.

I don't know how to end this introduction, so

(insert clever, charming closing).

Yours,
Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment