Friday, May 13, 2011

Awesome things in my life, part II

When I was 14, I met my future husband. (Side note-- if my girls tell me they have met their future husbands and they are only 14, we are moving far away.) He swears he knew I would be his wife when he first saw me, and I must believe him since he has re-lent-less-ly pursued me for the past 15 years!


Ryan is a good man. He is smart, hard-working, likeable, and generous. He builds rapport with people almost instantly and is respected among his peers and superiors. He receives praise at church, at work, and among friends. He has learned some humiliating lessons lately, but he has done it with dignity and respect for the teachers of the lessons. He provides a comfortable life for his girls. He calls his grandparents almost daily! (That is one of the small things I most love about him, I just realized.)


Unlike many men, though, I think he saves his very best for his family of four. He loves me, compliments me, makes me laugh, and brings me flowers. He will do laundry or dishes without being asked, and he will run any errand I ask him to. He changes diapers and plays with his daughters. He is involved, in every sense of that word, with our family.


Somehow, he still thinks I am the most beautiful woman he has ever seen. He likes my body when I don't. He thinks I'm funny when I'm not. He tells me I am not awkward even when I have done something so very awkward in public. He asks my advice on everything, even in business, though I have no experience in business and my career spanned only 3.5 years.


He is loving, in love, and loved. I am blessed, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment