Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Awesome things in my life, part I

Here begins a series of Awesome Things in my Life. I don't know if this series will have any more posts after this or not, but here I start it anyway!


Coralie is learning new things every day. She has MASTERED her little tricycle and is quite skilled at powering around the driveway. She is easily thrilled (by the sprinkler, by Victoria, by anything that we make into a big deal, by pushing the cart-for-little-people around Dillon's), which I like to believe means she is Noble and Exceptional. She willingly enters into any game you make up (like having to pay tolls on the driveway, thankyouverymuch) and sings made-up songs throughout the day, using any phrase she knows ("be our guest", "pediatrician", "Jesus died on the cross", and "ride like the wind, Bullseye!" may all be in the same verse). She is so fun to be around!

Coralie and Madeline have started playing together more. They get in a tent that I make between our living room chairs (Coralie has started DEMANDING that I make tents now. . . oy) and do heaven knows what in there. I hear Coralie giving a lot of directions and Madeline giving a lot of laughs. It's awesome. Victoria comes over most days to complete the sister trio. All three girls truly enjoy each other-- I am so proud of all of them!

When I describe Madeline to people, I am sure they think I am making things up. They assume I am talking as just another starry-eyed adoring mother (which I am). But in reality, I am not exaggerating at all!! She sleeps 12 hours at night and 5-6 hours during the day. She doesn't cry unless you walk away from her or she is exceptionally hungry. She eats, sleeps, and poops like clockwork. All you have to do to make her laugh is smile at her. She is a perfect amount of chub. I think she deserves the award of Best Baby in the World, and I may just make her a certificate of authenticity to prove it!

Yes, my life has some very awesome things in it. Two of the biggest, most important awesome things are my girls. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment