Friday, April 8, 2011

Roosters and such

Oh, for heaven's sake. How am I supposed to make a living blogging if I go 18 months betweens posts?

I even edited the post just below this one because I was embarrassed by its corniness. I can do that because it's my blog, you see. And also because I am probably the only one who will read this.

Anyway, of course a lot has happened since my last post. We now have a 3 year old, and . . . a BABY GIRL! Well, she's 7 months old now, so this announcement is hardly news, but in the interest of full disclosure I felt like I should announce that.

Here's a picture from October. What? You expect this blog to be updated with real-time announcements and pictures?



Both girls are, of course, amazing and amazingly challenging. I decided this morning while Madeline was crying because I made her skip her morning nap (playdates are way more important) and Coralie was begging for food that I am just not a saint. It's weird because my whole life I thought I was a saint (kidding), and this realization really has me ruffled. Which leads me to a more important point.

But before that, the word ruffled has reminded me of our rooster friend that is living on our property. Whaa??? For real, a beautiful rooster has taken up residence on East Pine Meadow Street. And while gorgeous and interesting, he does crow an awful lot. I wonder what he's trying to say all the time.

Back to my serious point. I am ready to talk about God more. And I don't mean preach, but I mean exercise my God muscles . . . I think if I talk about Him more and write about Him more, maybe I'll see what He's doing in my life? I know He's working, really I do, but I think I miss so much of who He is because I don't have that God muscle flexed.

And now that I know I'm not a saint, I can admit that I need God and the fruits of the Spirit to help me mother my precious little girls. Which, I believe, are the most fantastic blessings He has ever given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment