Monday, October 3, 2011

I could never be President

Ah, let's catch up, shall we?

What have you been doing these past few days/weeks? (Silence follows, because all my readers have abandoned me for someone who will actually write something.)

Well, I was sulking in a corner for a good part of the last week. And that "corner" is apparantly a no-writing zone. Also, in that corner is some sort of force field that made me privatize this blog for, like, two days. I don't know why I did that.

So what sent me to that corner? Self-pity, really. Our garage door opener broke (this on the heels of our Blu-ray player, ceiling fan, and ice maker breaking in August), Ryan was at a retreat last weekend then left town for three days, and then our washing machine broke. AGGGGHHH. Life was hard for me for that span of five or so days (see also: I am a wimp).

Oh, did I mention that Madeline was sick?

To add to my swelling fretting obligations, Coralie started twice-weekly swim lessons, so when you combine that with our Awana weekly commitment, my evenings have been full.

So that is why I was sulking: nothing was easy and life was busy. And nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I think I'll go eat worms.

However, if there's one annoying thing to read, it's people complaining about their lives.

I'm so glad I didn't just complain! Because that would be, like, hypocritical or something.

So please allow me to tell you some good things in my life:
-The garage door is repairable, possibly for $26 if Ryan can switch out the part himself.
-Ryan went to a retreat that challenged him spiritually and that allowed him to connect with other men who "get" what life challenges he faces.
-Ryan went on a business trip with his boss who likes him.
-Ryan came home from said business trip.
-I got to pick out a new washer and dryer.
-Coralie is having a lot of fun in swim lessons and is learning some good skills.
-Coralie has memorized five Bible verses in just a few weeks in Awana. It warms my heart to hear her reciting Scripture.
-I am leaving town this weekend to meet up with some good girlfriends. You know the kind, the women who knew you before you became an adult, who clearly remember the time you raised the roof after catching a flag in flag football (huh?), who mail your kids gifts randomly. It will be good to see them. I will also have a few hours in the airport by myself. Heavens, ALONE TIME? Wow. The cost of the plane ticket is worth it if only for the alone time!

So, welcome back to all of us. Let me raise a toast to good, easy weeks and no-sulking zones. :)

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I may have accidently shot snot out while laughing at the "no one likes me, I'll go eat worms part" because not only was it hillarious, but totally where I was late last week and over the weekend. Of course, I can be all smiley faced since the crazy has passed... for now :)

    ReplyDelete