Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My very first tutorial: fall wreath

Have you heard about yarn wreaths? They're super cute. Super cute. And they look soooo easy that I just knew I could make one. And I did. Here's how I did it.

1. Waste a lot of time debating whether or not to make one. Look up a few tutorials online just to confirm that making one is as easy as it sounds.

2. Take two small children to Hobby Lobby and put all sorts of stuff into your cart because a) you don't really know what you're doing and b) that just happens when you take little hands with you into Hobby Lobby. That way you are sure not to save money.

3. Beg an expert to come and keep you company while you make the wreath.

4. Make the wreath. Budget three hours, at least.

I'm also a professional photographer, basically. See how I cut off the bottom of the wreath and didn't center the subject in my view finder? Awesome.

5. Don't hang the wreath where you intend; that would be actually finishing the job.

The plan is to hang it above the couch, in the window.

6. Instead, stick it somewhere it doesn't belong, preferably out of little hands' reaches.

I have a feeling it might stay here awhile. Also, doesn't it look like we have vaulted ceilings? We don't. Again, that's just my mad photography skillz.
7. Voila.

Moral of the story: If I can make one, so can you.
Another moral of the story: don't come to me for tutorials. I'm really not very helpful.

2 comments:

  1. I so love this wreath!!! You really need to link that bad boy up to some blogs because your tutorial is flippin hill-ar-ious :D

    ReplyDelete